09 February 2012

February Studio Stampers Blog Hop

Welcome to our February blog hop!  If you are joining us in the hop, you should have come from Kathy's blog at www.kathatstamps.blogspot.com.  If not, why not start at the beginning with Karen at www.papernstamps.blogspot.com.  


I've got a couple more Valentines to share with you today...all products used are A Muse Studio (and actually, that's rare for me - I usually throw in a little this or that with my designs!).  




The first card I used a sponge dauber with the 3 blues and a hand cut template to create my waves.  Then stamped the fish in green and drew in my tiny heart.  The "pucker up" sentiment was tied on with baker's twine to continue with the fishing theme - and popped out with some foam dots.  I thought inside it would be fun to attach the "happy valentine's day" sentiment to the "pucker up" with the twine - so there's a tiny hole at the top through which the twine is pulled.  I was super happy with the effect!




For my second card, I used my copics to color the owls and the branch.  The dies used were the smallest heart from A Muse and the Nestabilities scallop circle.  Topped off with bubblegum satin ribbon and a little dimension with pop dots, the end result was pretty cute!  And this is one I just sold in my Etsy shop today - woot woot!
See below for the full hop list - and thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I really like both cards. Very clever use of bakers twine on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love both of them and congrats on the Etsy sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! I love the fishy theme and wish I had that set. I love how you used it for a Valentine's card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! you are kidding me. those fish are too cute with the baker's twine and then you strung it through the inside?! oh my! what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute and clever cards! I love the fishy card and how you sponged the waves, brilliant! And the sweet owl card so cute! WTG!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?