14 August 2011

Fun with my new stuff...and some old stuff too!

I read a post recently that poked a little fun at stampers - our temptation to buy new goodies when we find "the perfect stamp/ribbon/cardstock..." when we already have so much with which to create.  Well, I recently gave in to my temptation and bought these wonderful punches from my friend Annette, who sells Stampin' Up!  I'd been looking at so many designs with pennants in them, and been drawn to them, wanting to make my own.  I also had received a card awhile back that utilized the ticket corner punch and loved the effect, so when I saw that she had those as well, I ordered one of each.


So, here's my first attempt, using both...I love how they came out!  I used A Muse stamps (polka dot patterns, p. 75 and friend to friend, p. 29).  And of course, I popped on some Twinery Twine to finish out the look.  What do you think?





I was also asked by a local coffee shop if I'd be interested in selling my cards in their shop (a fellow Etsy craftsperson found me and sent me a message).  I've met with her a couple of times now, and just dropped off my first shipment of cards to be sold.  Check out some of the fun designs I made for them!  It's been so much fun to see the reaction of people interested in my work.  I'm loving it!





Appropriate for a coffee shop, eh?  This is from A Muse Studio's "The Perfect Blend" stamp set.  Adorable, huh?  



2 comments:

  1. What fun cards! Good luck with selling at the local shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comments and support to losing a pet. I sincerely appreciate it! : ) Just became a follower. Can't wait to see all your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?